AMIBROKER.COM is a small software company based in Poland, EU, specializing in writing technical analysis software called AmiBroker. The software is being developed using professional industry standard Visual C++ and Microsoft Foundation Classes library.
Dr. Tomasz Janeczko, the founder and chief software architect of AMIBROKER.COM, the creative force behind AmiBroker, received M.Sc (in 1994) and Ph. D. (in 1998) degrees in Computer Science and Telecommunication from Wroclaw University of Technology. His involvement in computer programming starts with building Z80-based systems back in 1985. Since then he programmed literally everything including 68K series, Transputers, DSP, SoC, ARM-based embedded systems, and of course Intel x86/x64-based systems. With 30+ years of hands-on programming experience he is able to give AmiBroker the highest quality code available anywhere. In his free time he enjoys playing drums and bass guitar.
Marcin Górzyński, the head of support services, holds M.Sc. degree from Wroclaw Univeristy of Economics, and has 10+ years experience in helping traders bringing their ideas to life
We are totally focused on creating advanced, highly customizable technical analysis software. Our innovation history (below) speaks for itself.
Milestones & Innovation History
Below you will find small portion of Amibroker history. Over last 20+ year we regularly introduced no less than 200 new features per year, so as you can understand the list below is far from complete. For more detailed list see AmiBroker Release Notes.
- 1995 - a very first version of AmiBroker (1.0) released on Amiga platform as a shareware. It was one of very few technical analysis programs available on that platform.
- 1996 - AmiBroker gets first press publicity (rave review by Neil Mohr in Feb 1996 Amiga Computing magazine)
- 1997 - the world's first backtesting engine for Amiga and Rule Description Language (precursor of AFL) created
- 1998 - the first internal version of PC/Windows port of AmiBroker (never released to the public)
- 1998 - AmiBroker Mailing list started (originally it was eGroups.com, then Yahoo took over and it become YahooGroups)
- 1999 - AmiBroker Formula Language (AFL) created as next generation of trading system development language (AmiBroker 3.00)
- 1999 - first public version of AmiBroker for Windows (3.12)
- 2000 - launch of official company's website amibroker.com
- 2001 - first review of AmiBroker Windows version in Stocks & Commodities by Jayanthi Gopalakrishnan (May 2001 issue)
- 2001 - multi-symbol optimization implemented
- 2002 - first release of intraday/real-time version
- 2002 - public API for 3rd party plugins (AmiBroker Development Kit)
- 2003 - true portfolio-level backtesting & optimization engine implemented
- 2004 - first release of automatic trading interface (IBController)
- 2005 - Tomasz Janeczko, founder of AmiBroker.com, gave keynote presentation at Vancouver 2005 IFTA (International Federation of Technical Analysis) conference
- 2005 - introduction of custom backtester interface
- 2006 - first Houston AmiBroker conference
- 2006 - March 22 - AmiBroker was world's first vendor to release 64-bit native technical analysis software for 64-bit Windows
- 2007 - first trading system development book entirely devoted to AmiBroker (Quantitative Trading Systems by Howard Bandy)
- 2008 - release of the last end-of-line Amiga version (3.37)
- 2008 - introduced Artificial Intelligence / smart optimizers: CMA-ES, SPSO, Tribes
- 2009 - introduced microsecond resolution timestamps and added fundamental data support
- 2010 - AFL engine rewritte to fully utilize multi-threading throughout the program
- 2011 - Walk-Forward Testing implemented
- 2012 - charting overhaul: new chart look, themes, multithreaded GDI rendering
- 2013 - static variable ranking added, chart performance improvements: QuickData
- 2014 - introduced new AFL editor with Code Snippets and many other state-of-the-art editing features
- 2015 - added native Matrix support, native Monte Carlo Simulation and built-in Code Debugger into AFL editor
- 2016 - launch of amibroker.com brand new design
- 2017 - introduced new native user-programmable chart GUI
- 2017 - reaching new performance levels with advanced 64-bit code optimizations
Yes, AmiBroker was born before Google, Facebook and all of that. We are serving traders for more than 20 years now. For more information about how it all started see AmiBroker 20th Anniversary post in the DevLog.